Monday, August 16, 2010

Twhat?!

First of all, if you haven't seen The Social Network trailer, watch this (don't get me started on the legitimacy of a movie about Facebook (a "company" that hasn't even been around for 10 years...)):


Secondly, watch this parody of the above trailer:


Okay, here's my deal with Twitter (cause I know you're all dying to hear my opinion about it, don't be shy, it's okay to admit to an Elspeth dependency), I think it's stupid and boring like the trailer said. But besides the fact that there's really no point to it, I could still probably get into it because I like to be in the know of what my favorite celebrities are doing. However the mere thought of all of those updates just makes me tired. I went on it once to look up stuff about The LXD and I was hit with information overload. I don't even know how to decipher what people are saying, there are too many symbols (soon we won't have to worry about mechanical robots taking over the world because we'll all be speaking binary code (aka we'll be the robots)). Not to mention the fact that even if I only follow one person I still will have to know who all the rest of the people are who post on their page, or else I'll be totally lost. It just seems like too much work, so I don't do it... and there is the philosophy of my life.

2 comments:

Miss Piton said...

That's why you should do what I do. I only follow a few celebs, and I HAVE gotten a response back. It's feeding my I-want-to-be-important-to-a-celebrity complex. We've discussed this.

Bethany said...

You are totally correct! Twitter is so useless and confusing I can barely handle getting on the internet I don't know I would handle all those deciphering of symbols on that page!