Monday, September 14, 2009

Does It Never End?

My mom and I have been repainting our house for the last forever it seems (okay, really only 2 weeks, but still). I knew that it was going to be a lot of work, but I didn't realize just how much time it would take. Why is it that whenever I start a project it always takes longer than I expect? You'd think I would've learned by now to over-estimate about everything, but I haven't. Maybe it's a safety mechanism in my head because if I could accurately guess how long it would be before I could make a butt-dent on the couch again then I would never want to do it. Nevertheless, the big front room is done and I'm really proud of how it turned out, take a look for yourself:

BEFORE:



AFTER:






Doesn't it look great with all that color up? My brother Isaac said that he now deems it acceptable to bring his friends over (yeah, he's kind of a brat). Anway, I love it! It makes our house so cheerful and warm!

2 comments:

Miss Piton said...

GOOD on YA!! I love it. You definitely have to get some wall stickers..it would add just that perfect extra something!

Jamie Friggin' Patel said...

Whoa!!! I'm diggin' the green. The yellow is a bit mustardy, but that's probably just my neurosis.