Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Railroad Crossings

I miss Tucson, a lot. I miss going to church knowing everyone and having specific people to sit with. I miss having at least one thing productive to do everyday (school, work, feeling guilty about not doing productive things, etc.). I miss my roommates. I miss dance parties. But I think most of all I miss good Chinese food. The Mandarin Grill is probably the best Asian food in the world (except maybe Asia, but I'm not even sure about that). I never realized that I could crave rice before. Or that not eating there for longer than a week would give me withdrawl symptoms, such as losing my appetite for almost anything else and feeling it my right to judge anyone who thinks they can make good Chinese food. I miss Ma Pao Tofu Pork and mildly spicy Chicken Fried Rice. I crave it, actually. I won't lie, I've dreamt about that restaurant and contemplated more than once on driving down just to eat there. If I weren't so poor, I probably would have done it by now. Thank goodness I'm going down this weekend, cause I don't think I could last another week. I think I'll bring a cooler with me...

4 comments:

Meg said...

You're coming to Tucson this weekend? Does that mean you'll need a place to crash? That will be fun, it's been so quiet and I just don't think Linds and I are as entertaining as you!

AshleeB said...

Elspeth! you have the vampire diaries! so for one hour during the week, your OKAY! haha

Colton said...

OH darn, I'm going down NEXT weekend. Boo.

Colton said...

I think that there are still tickets left.

http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=2168604