Monday, May 31, 2010

Ode To A Truck

My Nissan Frontier I admit is not great,
At least not to anyone else.
But when it was given to me, it was fate,
And when I see it my heart melts.

My adventures within it's doors have been many,
Including the Bump on which everyone screams.
The music fills its cabin with a cacophony,
And even beyond its fair seams.

Though old and wrinkled it may be,
I will miss it once summer is through.
For although it has never been mine technically,
We have been through quests not a few.

5 comments:

Meg said...

Oh no, whats happening to the truck? Are you getting a new car? That will be a sad day when the Frontier is retired. It has definitely been the mode of transportation for many joyous occasions!

Bethany said...

Yeah what is happening to your truck?! Where is it going?! Awesome poem by the way! You are such a good writer and amusing!

Elspeth said...

The truck is going with Emma when she moves back down to Tucson in August :'(

Sondra said...

Wow! Great Wallpaper!

Bethany said...

Girl I am feelin your blog right now! For reals! Its awesome!