Friday, May 7, 2010

Time Travel

That would have to be the biggest surprise attack of anyone's life. Or at least it seems that way in every story I've ever read/heard/seen about anyone who is shot through the 4th dimension. Although, I think that people make it more complicated to understand than it really is. I mean, is it really so hard to comprehend that while you may have been deported to the past your future is still relatively unknown? In other words: your future is happening in the past of the time you were born in but that doesn't make it set in stone, or spelled out for you. Or, is it so strange that someone coming from the future and explaining things changes the course of that time? On that note, I think if I were ever thrown back in time that I wouldn't be able to do anything significant because I would be too afraid that my actions would change the course of reality, even if I was assured that what I was doing was necessary.

Still, if I had to travel through time, here are the top ways I'd like it to happen:

5. Hit my head and wake up somewhere else

4. Slide on the river in the Rainbow Room

3. Fall through a worm-hole

2. Blink of my eyes (total control)

and...
1. Electrified phone booth

But lets be real: living in the age of computers and excellent TV is probably the best place for me, so I'm glad that time travel doesn't really exist (I think...).

6 comments:

Meg said...

Wow, I didn't know that you've read the Tennis Shoes books! Unless there's another rainbow room...And you wouldn't want to be going 85mph in a DeLoreon(?) and just suddenly be back in time?

Elspeth said...

Yes, it's that rainbow room. And I forgot about the DeLoreon, what was I thinking?

Colton said...

I was trying to figure out how you could possibly be thinking about anything OTHER than the DeLorean.

I think that I would prefer to be riding my bicycle through an underpass at high speed and then come out of the other side in another time. It would be cool if there was ramp into the middle of a lake, too, but I guess that doesn't have to be in the future.

Sondra said...

Time travel usually makes me uncomfortable because I tend toward linear thinking but when I read "The Time Traveler's Wife" I totally liked the idea of being in one place at two times. It even felt possible to me.

Bethany said...

I think the way to do it would be blink of the eye and have complete control over it! haha

Miss Piton said...

I love this. I often think about my limitations in life...and then follow it with, "If I was in Fringe, this could be fixed right now!"