Friday, July 31, 2009

"Oh Sweet Spirit you're so... nice..."

If you guys weren't at my FHE on Monday, then you missed out. A group of us performed a musical that was awesome! It was called The Sweet Spirit Bride and was basically a Mormon/musical version of The Princess Bride. We had so much fun putting it together and performing it, even though it was kind of a rush because we only did it in a week, and in fact, I only learned it the day before. Everyone did such an amazing job though. But, I gotta say, the music was the best part, and most especially Adam W. singing "Unchained Melody"... *sigh*... okay moment over. We also used the "Sweet Spirit" song from Sons of Provo and a different version of "Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid called "I Need a Man". The best line from that one was "Why don't they think, and see me now? I am a woman worth more than eight cows! I'm really great, I need a date, I need a man" and then immediately after that line a guy from the audience yelled, "Tomorrow at 7!"


The Single Ladies (we sang the "I Need a Man" song)


It was so much fun to perform, a heart's desire moment definitely, but it may have been even better watching it afterward with the cast because we knew all the little quirky things that happened on stage. We're thinking of putting it on YouTube, so I'll keep you updated on that.

2 comments:

Colton said...

Wow. I'm at a loss for words, and let's be honest, that doesn't happen every day. U5 rocks!

Miss Piton said...

WE ARE SO LEGIT!!!!! The best moment of my life. I need to blog about this!! LOL