Monday, November 9, 2009

Sometimes I Really Love Old Men!

I was in line behind two people tonight at the self check-out at Fry's (btw remind me never to go there on a Monday night again...) and there was this little man who walked up in front of everyone looking for an open lane, he walked away and I thought, maybe he was just looking for a basket to put his groceries in, but then he did it AGAIN and, nice person that I am, I wasn't going to say anything, but I was getting a good righteous anger on. Anyway, one of the lanes was about to open up and he was still standing there looking confused (doubt that he was) and then the old guy at the front of the line said to him, pointing to the back, "you wanna get in line?" I loved it! In a small way, he was my hero. I love that old people have almost a free pass to being rude, I hate when it's directed at me, but I seriously appreciate it when it works in my favor!

Another old man that I love is Jim Langford. I've briefly written about him before but I was at his house last night and he said he wanted a post dedicated to him, so forgive me while I wax eloquent on the subject. Jim is an amazing man. He not only has copious amounts of candy to hand out to everyone, but he lets The Crew (and friends) stay over until 11pm (that's late for old people, as he would say, it's like 2am for them) playing rowdy games of cards. BTW (by the way, for you old people) he is not afraid to call you out in BS. Jim is always ready with a witty quip that will make you laugh at yourself and him. He is a rocker of the old school variety who won't hesitate to tell you all about his gigs (apparently he's pretty good with the lesbians). Jim loves to be cheesy and I honestly think that his life would be completely fulfilled if he just stayed at Girls Camp all year long. I love this man and am so happy to be back here if only to spend more time with him and his wonderful wife!

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I love the Langford's! They are so funny!! Cards is always so fun!!

Miss Piton said...

While I feel as though your blog did what it is supposed to..I was smiling the whole time I was reading..I don't know who Jim Langford is...

Faith Peacock said...

Jim is the best!!! So how old was the old guy at fry's like Jim's age or like 90?

Holly said...

Jim forever! So true about old men and the free ticket to be mean. I might as well die if an old man is mean to me, its the worst feeling ever! Its the kiss of death!