Thursday, November 5, 2009

Could Life Get Better? I Submit That it Cannot!

I've realized that I approach this blog like a newspaper column that I write, except without the deadlines (although I'm sure that you wished you heard from me more often...). I don't know if I'm actually good enough to be at a real newspaper, but I'd like to think that I could. Anyway, because of this thought process (or blockage thereof) I don't really write about my everyday life, instead I just put out human interest stories that (hopefully) keep you coming back for more. But today I've decided to write to you about the little things in life that keep me happy (here comes another list but what can I say? I love them):

~ My job is the best one I have ever had, or could probably think of. I'm currently a kindergarten aid at the elementary school that I attended as a child. I LOVE those kids, and they love me. My day consists of walking into a class full of kids wanting to hug me immediately and then helping them in small groups learn how to read. Then I take them to recess (have my own break) and then aid them through lunch where I walk/dance up and down our bench giving them high fives, dealing with their messes, and playing with them. Then they go back to class and we do a project and I go home. And throughout all of this they are all telling me I'm beautiful and disrupting class just to sit by me. It lights up my life and I love it!

~ My afternoon activities consist of all the things that make being a recluse a good time. And my nighttime activities are becoming surprisingly cool. Last week Ashlee, Holly and I went to a haunted mansion (a for real one, it's been abandoned for 14 years). Yesterday The Crew went to D Money's soccer game which was actually exciting. And tonight Ashlee and me, and her crazy neighbor Patty, are going to the State Fair to watch a Roller Derby. All of these are good times!

~ I got paid today. Always makes me happy.

~ And I still have muffins in my freezer.

My life is sooooo good right now!

6 comments:

Colton said...

Oh Brian Regan...how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

Peanut Butter AND Jelly in the same can.
Unintelligible screaming.
Moosen in the woodsenen.
When's the BABY due?!
Its a cup of dirt.
I don't know what's going on with cranberries, but they're getting in all the other juices.

REPLY TO MY E-MAIL! Do you still use elspetha at gmail dot com, or should I have sent it to your arizona account?

Bethany said...

with a brian regan reference you can never go wrong!! So I wish I had a job, but I'm glad you love yours! And the soccer game was so fun!!! If only it didn't cost me my last 3 dollars!! haha.

Sondra said...

You should look into an internship at the National Journalism Center. http://www.yaf.org/NationalJournalismCenter.aspx
seriously.

Faith Peacock said...

You work at Emerson? Cause my mom works there, and she works wit Lindsey Layton... CRAZY!

Miss Piton said...

I.Love.Your.Blog. Please don't ever think otherwise. So hilarious: my roommate has been an aid for the last month or two at a school down the street from us and now she's annoyed because the kids don't want to listen to her...I told her, LET YOUR HUMOR COME OUT, which is what I feel you are doing...so cute! I would pay to watch you interact with little kids...I don't know why, but I feel a reality tv show coming from this. You could choreograph a song from HS musical to you in the lunch room dancing down the isle high fiving everyone. Sorry this is long, but side note: I feel as though we both need to reminisce about the scene in She's the Man, "High five!......Nice!"

Holly said...

haunted mansion = good time.