Sunday, January 10, 2010

Super Family

I recently had a conversation with my sister about her ability to tell who a fart came from by the smell of it. She claims that I have a distinct toot smell and so do most other people. I don't know if this is true, but she's pretty accurate, it's like a lame super power. I mean, how could you use that for the good of mankind? Maybe if you were searching for someone and you smelled their fart and were therefore able to find them. But, of course, that situation is entirely dependent on whether the "bad guy" passes gas or not, so I'm pretty sure there isn't a red phone in Emma's future. Yet, this conversation got me thinking of other lame super powers that my family members have, and I compiled a list:

The power to:
~ Know the genealogical history of a person and their entire family in a 10 minute conversation.
~Make it seem like you're the expert on every topic in the world ("I'm (insert family member name here), I like, INVENTED electricity").
~Be the best at every video game you play.
~Have a genuine relationship with fictional/famous people that you'll never meet.
~Watch a 5 season TV show in only a week and a half.
~Mooch off the parents and not feel bad about it in the least.

Yep, this is my family. What a bunch of weirdos.

PS sorry for telling the world about your power Emma...

3 comments:

Colton said...

So which one of those super powers was yours?

Elspeth said...

The TV one, of course. And the fictional character one too.

Sondra said...

Dad made a new connection yesterday--The elders quorum president in our branch is the nephew of President Eyring. His mom and Pres Eyring's wife are sisters.