Monday, March 22, 2010

The Lovely Gnomes

As before mentioned, here is my post about my gnomes, finally. If you don't know me then you don't know about my mild obsession with these little guys. If you do know me, you've definitely heard about them before but I'll reiterate just so everyone's clear. I think I started loving them when I was watching Gilmore Girls (the first time) and Babette had garden gnomes that were adorable and I was enchanted with them. So, when my friend and I decided to come up with contingency plans in case we don't get married I decided to become the Gnome Lady, this includes moving them around my yard and talking to them to achieve the coveted "lets walk on the other side of the street" label from the neighborhood children.

Of course, once people find out about my love for gnomes they see them everywhere and will send me pictures and sometimes even buy them for me. Actually, I have only ever bought three gnomes that were each a dollar. Sadly two of them have died due to breakage. Also, I just want to make a note that I loved gnomes way before this new craze for them started, which makes them MY gimmick and I will fight anyone who tries to take it from me...

Okay, back to the gnomes, from left to right: Lumber Gnome (he has an axe hidden behind him), Gnombledor (cause he has the glasses and looks a bit gay), Gnome Alaska (he's the first one I was ever given), Gnomo (the big one in the back, he's Italian), Gnome Chompsky (the one with the goose), Gnome Mercy (cause he has poison in his watering bucket), Oh Gnome You Didn't (he is a little beat up), Hear Gnome Evil (his two brothers, Speak Gnome Evil and See Gnome Evil are the ones that shattered), and Hosier Gnome (cause he was liberated from an Indiana yard). Now, you might be thinking to yourself, she forgot to tell us the name of the one on the shelf below, but I didn't forget about him, I just forgot what we named him. We had a really good name for him, but it has been removed from my brain (possibly by aliens who are jealous), so if you want to try naming him, be my guest! He is a special gnome though because he talks when people walk past him, mostly negative things too.




Lumber Gnome


Gnombledor, Gnome Alaska, Gnomo, and Gnome Chompsky


Gnome Mercy, Oh Gnome You Didn't, and Hear Gnome Evil


Hosier Gnome

Suffice it to say, I think they're great and can't wait to have a real yard to put them in, even though I'm afraid they'll probably get stolen, but, as Mufasa tells us, that's the circle of life.

4 comments:

Emma said...

I love this part - '"lets walk on the other side of the street" label from the neighborhood children'! hahaha And I think that red wall is a very nice backdrop for your gnomes.

Colton said...

Well, considering most of the gnomes that you were given were stolen anyway, you're right...it is just the circle of life. Speaking of stolen gnomes, remember when we stole ALL of them and held them for ransom? Awesome.

Bethany said...

And made a facebook page for one of them...haha I got you the Italian one! I am such a good friend! haha but you did get me windchimes before that so i owed it to you! Also the red wall IS a good backdrop for you gnomes!

Miss Piton said...

I think he looks like Sitting on my Buddha Gnome. No need to use, just thoughts, just thoughts. Oh Gnome you didn't is by far my favorite name, but I wish he was a little black. Maybe you could add some bling? Again...merely thoughts.