Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm new at this

Okay, so for a while now I've been meaning to start a blog, and in fact I already had a profile and followed other people's blogs, but I just never got around to actually doing one myself. Anyway, I decided that since I'm moving away I may just want to start one because then I don't have to update facebook as much and people can just figure out what's going on with me without all the hassel of a phone call (yes I do realize that makes me sound super lame). So, since this is my first post I'm allowing myself a little leeway in the have-to-be-interesting department because I figure I'll get better as I go...

Something interesting that happened today is that I went on a tour of a funeral home, but it's not because someone died. I'm in a Psychology class about death and loss (my last one, w00t!) and we took a little field trip. Did you know that when someone is creamated the only remains you actually get are the bones? Everything else is burned up (including a casket if it's placed in there with the body). I did not know that and I think I'm a better person for learning it. And now you are too!

2 comments:

Colton said...

How DARE you have a blog and not let me know about it. But I must bid you bienvenue to the blogosphere.

I'm actually surprised that you even get the bones. I though that everything was totally toast.

P.S. Have you ever seen Harold and Maude? I demand that you watch it.

Miss Piton said...

No, you're not repetative...THANK YOU! And for some reason I don't see the "follow blog" option at the moment, but I'll work through that and we'll be blog buddies soon enough! :)