Monday, June 29, 2009

Cause of Death

So, as previously mentioned I am in a Death and Loss class this summer and one of our assignments this week was to write our own obituary. At first I thought it was a lame thing to do but then I started brain-storming with my rommates and we came up with something that I think is a great way to go:

Elspeth Anderson choked to death last night on the dance floor, aka her living room. Elspeth was eating an otter pop and having a dance party with her roommates and the plastic caught in her throat and cut off her airways. She will be mourned by her family and friends.

Isn't that excellent?! Who wouldn't want to die in the middle of a dance party? And I think the otter pops add character... and anyone who knows me knows that it is most likely that I will die choking, I have a problem.

I also had to write a will and decide where all my things would go, I thought I really had nothing that anyone would want except my couch (which I would give to my brother Jacob). But then I realized that I had my gnomes to find a home for. I decided that those would go to Bethany (because I think you would appreciate them the most). And I would also let Emma have first pick of my movies (because we share that passion). Those are about all I have to give away.

So, here's the question for the readers: how would you like to die? Or, what do you think is the most likely way that you will die?

5 comments:

Colton said...

I am going to be killed by an animal, let's be honest. I just hope it is quick, like a Tyrannosaurus bite. Not like a python. It takes them a really long time to swallow things. That would be SUPER boring.

Bethany said...

First of all! YES! I get the gnomes! And yes you will absolutely choke to death! I hope I die in my sleep because it is my favorite thing to do! haha

Miss Piton said...

It's morbid and I love it. I think I'd probably die falling off a latter putting up "Families are Forever" or some other Mormon paraphernalia in my two story home with 7 kids. And I'd probably have a DQ dipped cone waiting for me at the bottom.

Anonymous said...

I'll be killed by the government. Just like Marilyn Monroe, except I won't have sex with the president. At least not another one.

Jamie-San said...

Ahh, so this is why you wanted me to check...

I don't have a death preference. The way I see it, more than likely it'll hurt, but when it's over I've got nothing to worry about. The closest phenomena I can associate it with is vomiting... just on a larger scale.

Anyhow, since I don't have a preference and I know how I live, I'll just predict my demise.

I'm going to go with either cardiac arrest or some kind of explosion caused by a momentary lack of judgment on my part.