Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Drinkability

Tonight I cooked myself potato skins. I know what you're thinking, it's a lot of work for just one person, and believe me if I knew how long it would take I probably wouldn't have done it, like most things. Anyway, I had a hankering for them and so I decided to make them. First of all, I went outside to get them off my back porch and discovered that the ones my mother bought for me the last time she was in town were gone, maybe my Grandma (who lives in a trailer in my backyard) used them, but I'm leaning more toward someone stealing them. It doesn't really bother me because if they needed uncooked (gross) potatoes that badly then they can have them, it just means that I have to go buy my own, but luckily they aren't that expensive. Back to the skins, they're not very hard to make, just time consuming, and they ended up turning out well.

Now, you're probably asking yourself, what does all this potato talk have to do with the title, and here it is: I feel as though potato skins are a fancier dish to eat than other meals, probably because I've only ever had them at a restaurant. Correct me if they are just casual food. So, when I was close to my skins being done I was thinking about what would be the best beverage to have with my version of fancy food and decided that people who don't drink alcohol don't really have a drink for special occasions. I mean, you have your soda and juice and a myriad of other non-alcoholic choices, but none of them seem very elegant or to belong in one of those cool glass liquid holders that I see everyone using on TV.

So, to get to the point, next time I make something "fancy" I would like to have a suitable drink. Therefore I am asking your opinion, what do you drink when you want to make your dinner more lavish?

5 comments:

Bethany said...

milk...I drink it with everything! Just put in a classy cup and you will be okay!! haha

Colton said...

Martinelli's sparkling apple cider. Its delicious, and quite good for you, too! You get to pop the cork and everything! Break out the bubbly! I used to drink a LOT of it at the Melting Pot on New Year's Day while everyone else got drunk.

Sondra said...

It wasn't a thief. Grandma called yesterday and asked to use the potatoes. They were going bad anyway.

Miss Piton said...

So, I have to agree with Colton. It even looks legit when you have it in a glass. My sister and got it every New Years and pretended to be drunk while lip sinking to Hanson and making home videos of ourselves eating dinner. Martinelli's is super classy!

Holly said...

"my Grandma (who lives in a trailer in my backyard)" hahahahaha!

And I drink dr. pepper with everything haha