Friday, February 12, 2010

Jamie D. Patel

April 27, 1983 - Feburary 11, 2010
To Jamie, who always demanded that everyone be themselves:

Jamie to Dave: "You need some package handling?"
Winni (Dave's wife): "That's my job."

Carissa: "What time is it?"
Jamie: "It's a quarter 'til."
Carissa: "So it's like 7:30 then?"

Jamie: "Drape this money all over me so I look like a dead hooker."

Jamie: "I love feeling out of place first thing in the morning"

Jamie: "I've spent years trying to be obese, and it's not working out"

Jamie: "If I got 5 bucks for every time I was licked on at this job I'd walk out of here with 15 grand."

Jamie: "If pooping is anything like childbirth then I'm a little jealous"

Jamie: "it's not crazy like: 'I want 500 pizza's... here's a penny', or 'thanks for my pizza, now could you sit on it?'"

Jamie: " 'Aight, I can't hang out with you when you're in heat."

Jamie: "I must be dyslexic, cause I saw those pedestrians crossing the road and I thought one of them was wearing a bear suit."

Jamie: "This really does give a lot of support."

Jamie: "I honestly thought he was sane, my mistake."

Jamie: "I hate how I love you guys."

Jamie: "I need some validation about cankles in my life."

Jamie: "There's only one thing that wakes me up, and that's apologies!"

Jamie: "Food for the masses makes me reek!"

Jaime: "Guess what? We went fishing yesterday and I caught no fish, but Elspeth caught two!"

Jamie: "You need to control your hair."

Me: "Jamie, are we going to be friends forever?"
Jamie: "I hope so."

We all will miss him very much. Please comment with stories or quotes, favorite moments of Jamie.

7 comments:

Colton said...

I don't have anything to add at the moment, but I'm glad that you did this so we could all remember him, that little trouble-maker. I'm so glad for the gospel...and that I know we'll see him again all too soon.

Meg said...

Oh I don't even know where to begin. You put up most of my favorite Jamie quotes!
To go with the "they really do offer a lot of support" one:

Jamie: I like your pillows! they're soft and cushy and i like to cuddle with them!

Things I remember about Jamie:
He could sleep anywhere and anytime. It didn't matter if it was a concrete floor or the pillow where the dog slept.
If he was your friend, he was your friend til the end.
He loved to laugh and have a good time.
He included everyone.
He hated driving home at night, and would pretty much do anything to avoid it.
He loved to do things impulsively, like driving to Mesa at 5 am only to drive back a couple hours later.

Stephanie Murphy said...

One of my favorite memories was one time I went to fly kites in the park with Jamie....only it wasn't windy at all....not even a chance of a breeze so we were running as fast as possible to get our kites about 3 ft off the ground. He was always so determined to have a good time.

Miss Piton said...

Thank you Elspeth. Thank you!! All of those made me laugh, even though I wasn't even Morm yet when some of those happened!! :D I loved that we could laugh and be serious in the same conversation. I will actually always appreciate his faith in me.

Me: I want to go on a mission, I think.
Jamie: You are amazing. Seriously, you have so much faith, and you're going to be an amazing missionary!

Thanks for being an example Jamie in SO many ways! And being someone I could always talk about poop with!--you know he'd appreciate that!

Sondra said...

At the risk of being Elspeth’s creepy mother, I need to join this walk down memory lane. The thing about Jamie is that the path of his life intersected those of my family at numerous points. He’s a US Navy vet (my dad and brother), served a mission in Korea (same brother), graduated from Westwood high school with Jacob, dreamed of flying big military jets (Isaac), gave me something to talk about when Rod Castillo came through my office, offered the role of big brother to Emma when she began school in Tucson, and shared friendship with Elspeth. The day I met him I immediately felt possessive of him and though I only actually had face to face interaction with him a handful of times, I mourn his absence.

Amber (Nordick) Crozier said...

I kind of stumbled onto this blog but I am so glad that I did. Thank you for sharing all those moments. Jamie was an amazing person and I am so happy that I had the chance to know him. He was the only person I know who could get an entire group of JROTC students to sing "You've lost that loving feeling" to a senior camp counselor or attend a baby shower where he was the only male present. I have never known a person with such charisma and such a pure heart. He will be missed immensely.

Nikki said...

=) I also stumbled onto this blog trying to bring myself some closure.

Jamie and I met in Japan when I was a wee lass of 15 years :) haha. He would drive to me to school every day, and when we'd get to the parking lot he'd always say "remember who you are, don't embarrass the family, get all 100's.... now get out of my car!!!" Sometimes we'd sit in the car and talk about music and other things - like seinfeld haha... - until i was late for school and he would have to write me a note!

i have SO many great memories of jamie and miss him every single day.