Friday, July 9, 2010

My James Bond Moment

As most of you know I used to work for a Chinese restaurant (The Mandarin Grill) where I started as a delivery driver. But what you don't know is that I have secret ninja skills (hence the Chinese restaurant). One night, when I was a fairly new driver, I had gotten an order and went out to my car to start my journey to light someone's life up. After I started my car I thought, "I don't know where I'm going". So I decided to quickly run back inside and look at the map. I got out of my car and as I'm about to walk inside a miracle happened: I remembered where the address was. It wasn't a miracle that I remembered, mind you, but rather the fact that I didn't actually go inside to figure it out. This was because when I turned around to go back to my car I saw it rolling away from me, right into the street. On pure instinct (or maybe I've been training for years?) I ran after my car, got the keys out of my pocket, pushed unlock on the remote, opened up the door and dove in just in time to hit the brakes before that car would've left my life forever. It was pretty epic, and I felt like an action hero.

But the best part was that my boss, Winni, had seen it all happen on the camera. She told me that she was yelling inside the restaurant and even scared some customers. Of course, all of that happened without my knowledge and so after I hit the brakes I shut the door, turned the car back on, and headed out to deliver the food. But before I could turn onto the main street, Bee, a cashier, ran out to ask me if I was okay since I had disappeared from camera before I actually stopped the car. It all ended with a "yeah I'm fine" and I went on with my night.

For a moment I was awesome. For a moment I actually felt athletic. For a moment I was Bond, James Bond.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Why have you never told me that story before? That is epic! That is a story you brag about. Always!