Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Stay Awake Syndrome

I think some people would make the mistake of calling this insomnia, but they'd be wrong. I don't know what's wrong with me but there comes a point at night when I'm tired and if I just finish my nightly routine then I can go to sleep but I take forever to actually do it.

I think it also has something to do with the internet. I mean, while sometimes the usual hot spots on the internet can be pretty boring (facebook, blogstalking, email (which has basically gone the way of caller I.D.: super cool when it first came out and now is just another way for me to reject people who want to stay in contact with me), etc.) there are still a million things to entertain yourself with on the internet.

I'm an addiction junkie. I'm not ashamed to admit it. But this does mean that once I've committed to whatever I've just stumbled upon I won't stop until I know most everything about it, despite the time. So when I suddenly discover the wonder of multitracks then I'm gunna watch at least a dozen of them. And when I find a blog that speaks to the geek in me I won't be able to stop reading until I've seen every "Best Post". Or when I actually feel like connecting with people then I do turn to facebook and look at all their pictures, notes, and any other fun things on their wall. I think I'm best at stalking when it's late at night. But I guess that's why stalkers are usually depicted at night. Hey, maybe they're not really creepers they're just people looking to procrastinate going to bed? Think about it.

2 comments:

Colton said...

Hahahaha! I think this is your funniest post ever! I love your caller ID and e-mail homology.

I just used a word rooted by "homo".

Miss Piton said...

So true.